Job Title: Information Developer
Company: ACI Worldwide
Location: Charlotte, NC
Date Listed: 2015-5-20
Information Developer (ID) responsible for producing user assistance for financial-related software. Key requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Technical/Professional Communication, or in a related field with formal training/education in Technical Writing or User Experience
- At least 2 years of experience working as an ID in software development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be a self-starter.
To find out more about this job, email Julie at:
We were fortunate to get a Microsoft Word wizard to speak at our next chapter meeting June 10, 6:30 PM, at the Great Wall of China in Carmel Commons Shopping Center. Brian Hartzog will share his extensive expertise with us.
Brian Hartzog is a husband, a father, a musician, and a total Word nerd. With over 20 years of experience using Microsoft Word in the computer industry, he has become an expert in Microsoft Word and Word macros. As a technical writer, he used Word tricks, shortcuts, and customizations to reduce the amount of time he spent formatting documents...giving him more time for actual writing. He routinely developed templates and taught classes to other technical writers to show them his tricks as well. Currently, Brian is a Senior Business Systems Analyst at Duke Energy where he uses Word and Excel VBA to automate parts of his job. He runs www.wordmacroclass.com and will be presenting his “Top 10 Tips for Working Faster in Microsoft Word”.
Please join us for this excellent opportunity to hear Brian share his expertise, and enjoy some excellent Chinese food!
The Great Wall of China is located in southeast Charlotte, Carmel Commons Shopping Center, at Highway 51 and Carmel Road. The address is 6666 Carmel Road. Our chapter has held many meetings here over the years.
We would appreciate an RSVP if you plan to attend, but all are welcome. The chapter officers would love to see a great turnout! Chapter meetings can be a great way to network and gain valuable industry knowledge.
Title: Technical Writer
Duration: 2 years
Location: Uptown Charlotte
A large utility services company in uptown Charlotte is seeking an experienced Technical Writer for a long-term (24 month) contract assignment. Responsible for the writing and documentation of standard operating procedures for applicable Grid Modernization projects.
• Education: Associate's Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience.
• 6-9 years of experience preferred.
• Strong Interpersonal and Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and proficient in use of Microsoft Products.
Sr. Recruiter, Mom Corps Charlotte/New York