**** Please RSVP by Tuesday, April 21, if you plan to attend the student exhibition at UNCC April 28, 2015. This is so we can plan on the quantity of refreshments to provide. Please send an email to email@example.com to indicate you'll be attending.
On April 28, 2015, the Society for Technical Communication Charlotte Chapter and the UNCC English Department will co-host an exhibit of writing work from undergraduate and graduate students. The exhibit will feature the work of students in the Technical /Professional Writing programs, as well as English Majors pursing a Concentration in Language and Digital Technology.
This event is a great opportunity for our chapter members and other interested technical writers to meet with students and discuss the products of their coursework, as well as talk with faculty. The exhibit also presents an opportunity for students to talk with professionals about careers related to writing, editing, and technology.
The event will be held in the Foyer of the Fretwell Building on the UNCC campus, beginning at 6:30 pm on April 28, 2015. Everyone is welcome. Light refreshments will be provided.
Please plan to join us if you can!
DIVERSANT, LLC has an immediate need for a sharp Technical Writer that brings experience in the Financial Industry. This is a contract opportunity with long-term potential and is located in Charlotte, NC. Please review the job description below, and email me the most current Microsoft Word version of your resume, if interested.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating user and technical documentation, training materials, and audit-related documents such as plans and guidelines. In addition to excellent writing skills, this person must have the ability to research complex information, analyze and organize it, and present it concisely, logically, and in a way that all readers can understand.
Primary Job Functions
- Research, organize, and write user guides, technical documentation, guidelines, procedures, and any other documentation required, using Microsoft Office products.
- Assist Security Point of Contact with setting up new employees, access reviews, organizing documents for various audits, and other SPOC tasks.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Develop training plans and materials.
- Assist other groups, such as QA/Testing, when required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and understanding of templates and styles
- Basic knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills; Excellent writing, analytical, and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to time constraints of colleagues and SMEs
- Flexibility to work late and/or extra hours when the job requires
- Acceptance of tight deadlines and last-minute deliverables
- Ability to learn Windows and Web applications
Title: Technical Writer
Duration: 2 years
Location: Uptown Charlotte
A large utility services company in uptown Charlotte is seeking an experienced Technical Writer for a long-term (24 month) contract assignment. Responsible for the writing and documentation of standard operating procedures for applicable Grid Modernization projects.
• Education: Associate's Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience.
• 6-9 years of experience preferred.
• Strong Interpersonal and Strong writing skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and proficient in use of Microsoft Products.
Sr. Recruiter, Mom Corps Charlotte/New York